Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another Scam !

Woman loses RM33,000 in envelope lucky draw scam


JOHOR BARU: A 32-year-old assistant administrative officer claims that she was conned of RM33,000 after being promised prizes, including a brand new car and a trip for two to Hong Kong.

The woman, who only wished to be known as May, said a man called Alvin had approached her at Jalan Station last Saturday and asked her to open one of several envelopes to find out if she had won any prizes

“I opened the envelope and was told that I had won a jade mattress and that I needed to follow him to his office in Permas Jaya to pick up the prize. At the office, Alvin introduced me to his boss called Lim,” she told a press conference organised by Johor Baru MCA Youth chief Kua Song Tuck here yesterday.

Lim offered her other prizes, including a new Toyota Camry and a trip for two to Hong Kong if she participated in a lucky draw. She, however, had to pay RM33,000 to secure the prizes.

“I withdrew the money and Alvin took it while I was talking to Lim. I asked for my money back but instead, Lim give me a water filter, microwave oven, a jade mattress and other electronic items,” she said, adding that she felt cheated and lodged a police report at Permas Jaya police station.

Johor Baru (South) OCPD Asst Comm Zainuddin Yaakob confirmed the case and said the matter has been transferred to the Johor Domestic Trade and Consumerism Department for further action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGAIN ! yes AGAIN , another people fall for this scam ... aii ... just a small reminder , that there won't be such a big "kap la" jumping around the streets . I guess everyone should start reading newspaper and e-mail as this is really an old trick . People should be more sensitives when a lucky draw need you to pay money . means it's not so lucky after all , especially when need to pay more to continue draw . just my 2cent of advise and thoughts . :D

Have a nice day ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment